Sunday, January 10, 2010

Christmas, New Year, Family and....Guess Where?

















Christine and I had so much fun over the last month and were incredibly lucky to have lots of time off to spend with our family (Young's and Oakes'). We spent 10 days in Issaquah with the Young's--enjoying Christmas, karaoke, dodgeball, hikes, caroling, games, "bunny-boo-boo", basement projects and kids. And we spent 6 days in San Diego enjoying New Years parties, Birthday parties, the beach, Liberty, second Christmas, remote control helicopters, go-karts, Grandparents and cousins. Christine is back at work and I will soon be back at school. We are sad to be away from all the people we love but excited about new plans.
Within the next 2 weeks Christine and I will be deciding where we will be living next year. After many applications and interviews it is time to finally decide on our 4th-year externship. We will hear back from the remainder of the places in the next 2 weeks and will decide soon thereafter. All the places in red on the map are places we have sent resumes and interviewed (either phone or in person). So take your guess, we have narrowed down the field a bit but will leave it vague for now.
We love you all and are so thankful for the time we have been able to spend with our family. We are sad we were not able to see everyone but our thoughts and prayers are with you!

3 comments:

  1. I vote for Hawaii. Just kidding. I vote for a vacation in Hawaii! Or better yet, I vote for a vacation to Arizona to see my favorite brother and sister Oakes. We will be on pins and needles waiting for the final destination. It is so exciting!! Love to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I will vote for....Portland. But,
    I'm just happy that you won't be in Spain.
    Exciting decisons ahead. We had such a wonderful Christmas this year, thanks for coming to Seattle! Love you lots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm, I would vote for Portland to have you guys so close to us. Yet, I must say, Hawaii sounds like a huge draw, I think everyone would come visit you if you ended up there (I know we would!). Utah sounds nice, but then again, I've heard really good things about San Francisco. Basically, I think you've got a great list of options! Loved seeing all the cute pictures, I'm so happy you guys are blogging so much! :-) Keep us posted with what happens!

    ReplyDelete